Monday, March 3, 2014

Meet Mrs. U.S. Ambassador 2013 from Idaho, Tina Bartlett Mitchell

EXCERPT from: http://tinamitchellspeaks.blogspot.com/

Friday, February 7, 2014

Scared stupid much?

I knew this day would come, not that I haven’t had small glimpses of it the whole time I was creating it. Today my first workshop Mission Possible is done!! It’s ready to be sold, online. Why am I so freaked out? (and so relieved it's finally ready at the same time..)  The thoughts that ran through my head were “Who am I to teach this stuff” “Who is going to listen to me?” Who is going to pay $ to listen to me?, is any of this info even new to anyone?” “This workshop maybe it should just be free” I was angry at myself for the fact that these thoughts were even entering my mind! What was I saying? I worked way too hard and too long with a specific goal in mind, why would I throw it away? then comes the ”well maybe I will just lower the price tag”…NO NO NO NO NO! TINA! What are you saying? Palm to face… I basically didn’t know what to do, how to feel, I wanted to curl up and sob like a little baby. But I didn’t. I was too busy for that and I just don’t live a life where fear has much room in my thoughts. It presents itself a lot, but I usually just say to fear “ I see you there, I’m going to walk past you now” I don’t live needing permission or approval. This took me some time to realize there were not rules for most things. Just like I don’t live with fear stopping me. I have no room in my life for fears like this I just work and go and DO! So what that really means is that I am too busy being successful to stop and be taken over by fear.

I always say this over and over to myself, We don’t have to be great to get started but if we don’t get started how can we ever become great? We can’t!  So despite my fears, I remind myself that my purpose is much greater then my fear. If not me then who? There are not enough people out there doing this work! At least I am doing, most people let their fears TOTALLY stop them! I refuse to ever be that person again!

No comments:

Post a Comment